To further our mission – to champion a healthy, vibrant urban core – the Downtown Seattle Association (DSA) and Metropolitan Improvement District (MID) produce a variety of events tailored to Downtown’s visitors, residents and business/community leaders. These year-round events – as well as advertising opportunities – serve as a great opportunity for sponsors to increase their exposure, educate the public, and launch new products and services while supporting our mission.
The following is our menu of sponsorship opportunities, but we invite a conversation with potential sponsors to discuss your community engagement goals and how we might tailor our events, utilize our communications channels or create a new opportunity to best meet your needs.
Downtown Seattle Association
- Annual Meeting – Held each June in the late afternoon/early evening, the DSA’s Annual Meeting is one of the most anticipated events of the year. Highlights include an overview of the previous year’s accomplishments, discussing goals and priorities for the coming year, Downtown Champion Award presentation, and networking with other DSA members.
Attendance: Approximately 700
Sponsorship Levels: Downtown Visionary ($10K), Downtown Catalyst ($8K), Downtown Partner ($5K), Downtown Steward ($2.5K) – more details
- State of Downtown Economic Forum – Held each February, the SoD is the DSA’s signature event, providing an insightful report card on the economic health of Downtown Seattle. The forum reviews progress of the past year and provides a look ahead, including an analysis of Downtown’s economic indicators.
Sponsorship Levels: Presenting ($14K), Platinum ($7K), Gold ($3.5K), Exhibitor ($750) – more details
- Focus Forward Breakfast Roundtables – These free members-only semi-monthly issue-oriented breakfast forums are held 6-7 times annually, and bring together guest presenters and DSA members to discuss hot topics impacting Downtown.
Attendance: Limit 100 per forum
Sponsorship Levels: TBA
- Holiday Sponsorship – The DSA’s holiday carousel is a Downtown tradition, attracting both the young and young at heart – in the heart of the busy Retail Core in Westlake Park. This high-visibility attraction kicks-off each year as part of the Downtown holiday tree lighting ceremony (the day after Thanksgiving) and runs through New Year’s Day. The carousel ($3 suggested donation per ride) and benefits the work of the Downtown Seattle Association and Treehouse.
Attendance: 140,000 riders, plus countless onlookers
- DSA Member Directory – DSA’s digest-sized print membership directory, distributed each year in early July, offers full- and half-page color and b&w advertising opportunities. The directory also lives year-round in the “Members Only” section of our website – DowntownSeattle.com.
Advertising Levels: $1K, $600, $400 & $250 depending on size and placement
Metropolitan Improvement District
- Out to Lunch Concert Series – This free summer noon-time concert series consists of twice-weekly concerts between June and September at locations across the six MID neighborhoods – including both parks and sponsored office building venues. The concerts include a mix of well-known and up-and-coming artists across a wide range of musical genres.
Attendance: 6,000+/season (individual concert attendance varies by venue size)
Sponsorship Levels: Title, Presenting, Partnering, Supporting Partner, Community Partner and Venue Sponsors
- Seasonal Campaigns – The MID, in partnership with DSA and other civic organizations, conducts seasonal multi-media marketing campaigns designed to drive visitor traffic to Downtown Seattle during the important summer and holiday retail and tourist seasons by highlighting all of the great attractions, events and promotions taking place in Downtown.
Attendance: Hundreds of thousands
Sponsorship Levels: Presenting sponsor (TBA), as well as full- page color seasonal visitor guide advertorial opportunities (ranging between #1.2K and $2.5K depending on season)
* Sponsorship levels are based on 2014/15 rates, and are subject to change
To learn more about sponsorship opportunities with the Downtown Seattle Association, contact Rachel Padgett at 206-613-3220 or email@example.com.
In addition to our paid sponsorship opportunities, the MID provides in-kind promotional support for Downtown-based attractions, events and promotions through its numerous communications channels. If you have an event you would like publicized, submit your request with all of the pertinent information and images (event logo or photos) at least four weeks in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MID also awards marketing funds each year to projects benefitting its six neighborhoods (Belltown, Denny Triangle, Retail Core, Pioneer Square, Waterfront and West Edge).
Download Funding Application