Four years ago Marino Mariano woke up in a City of Seattle jail cell. He didn’t know why, only that he was out drinking the night before. A lot. At a hundred and fifty pounds, the 21-year-old had downed more than a fifth of whiskey before starting a fight that landed him in county jail. … Continued
Learn more about DSA and MID!
Our Mission: To champion a healthy, vibrant urban core.
Downtown Lowdown: Your weekly dose of the top-level events happening in Downtown Seattle. Monday, May 9 — “Wave Sine” in Occidental Square Come celebrate the work of artist Scott Trimble. “Wave Sine” is a 75-foot, wooden wave first seen at the University of Washington. You can sit on it, lie on it and jump around […]
- These dogs are enjoying the pop-up pooch park. https://t.co/wYSlhatuLp https://t.co/NoUkPtfZoG21 minutes ago
- Wow! Thanks to Holy Trinity Lutheran from Mercer Island - brought 6 bags of new clothing to the carousel for… https://t.co/ElBompjacE43 minutes ago
- First 500 kids who ride the carousel today get a free toy from @IKEA_Seattle ! https://t.co/T6JIsw3lOBabout 1 hour ago
- #Howlidays starts now in Occidental Square. https://t.co/g5L78evoHX https://t.co/A6BOqqQ1snabout 1 hour ago
- https://t.co/YHiwFhgyTn https://t.co/LOZqrjK91018 hours ago
Whether you walk, bike or ride, navigating Downtown Seattle is easy! Find everything you need to get around Downtown.