Four years ago Marino Mariano woke up in a City of Seattle jail cell. He didn’t know why, only that he was out drinking the night before. A lot. At a hundred and fifty pounds, the 21-year-old had downed more than a fifth of whiskey before starting a fight that landed him in county jail. … Continued
Learn more about DSA and MID!
Our Mission: To champion a healthy, vibrant urban core.
Downtown Lowdown: Your weekly dose of the top-level events happening in Downtown Seattle. Monday, May 9 — “Wave Sine” in Occidental Square Come celebrate the work of artist Scott Trimble. “Wave Sine” is a 75-foot, wooden wave first seen at the University of Washington. You can sit on it, lie on it and jump around […]
- DSA's Urban Experience, Transportation & Access committees are brainstorming how wayfinding, activations, corridors… https://t.co/D9HEk18fra23 hours ago
- RT @samueldodge: It was great to join @bjpoppe @mchapmansemple @downtownseattle this morning for inspired talk on solutions to homelessness…yesterday
- RT @pioneersquare: Connect with your neighbors at our Spring Clean 2017 on April 8! Free registration at https://t.co/qOIu4f9iUK Photo by…yesterday
- RT @ChrisDaniels5: Fascinating talk on homelessness w/experts from SF, LA, Houston. New ideas for Seattle @VisitSeattle @downtownseattle ht…yesterday
- Packed house at @THSEA for the second State of Homelessness event. https://t.co/YzXOWypg82yesterday
Whether you walk, bike or ride, navigating Downtown Seattle is easy! Find everything you need to get around Downtown.